Monday, October 28, 2013

Microaquariam observation part 2 
Sunday, October 28

I checked up on my microaquariam Thursday, October 24 and found some very interesting organisms. The cyclops was a moving organism that propels itself forward searching for what it looks like to be food. It is a mulitcellular organism that has sort of a drab green/brown color. It liked to swim in the middle where the algae plants were. I only got to see one of these organisms, when we first viewed them, I saw two.  Hopefully more will come up as I continue observing. The next organism I was able to spot was a nematode.There were two multicellular nematodes that I did not see when I first set up my microaquariam. It liked to stay on the bottom only coming up hovering above the dirt for a short period then returning to the dirt at the bottom. These nematodes were clear. They did not have a color to them, so I was able to look inside their body which was very interesting! I have not seen any dead organisms, though I cannot locate the second cyclops body, I assume it maybe has buried itself in the dirt and is sleeping. The most interesting organisms I found that just recently came up were very tiny organisms. You can barely see them. They are clear and there were so many I could not count. I have no idea where these tiny organisms came from and I am having a hard time identifying them. They could possibly be tiny eggs from one of my organisms that hatched and are too small to identify yet. I asked a few people if they could help me identify them and they were just as confused as I was. They all liked to clump together in a big group. They stayed close to the bottom, although some ventured up. I hope this week when I observe my microaquariam again they will have grown so I can identify these tiny unknown creatures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment